What you will need for the event
Equipment on the day
During the Pentathlon you will need to carry everything for the stages with you at all times. There is no returning transition area to leave your kit this means you will need to bring and carry all the kit you need throughout the day (except lead ropes which can be pre dropped at Redpoint)
You will need to carry at least:
- Climbing kit. Shoes, chalk, harness and belay.
- Cycling kit. Puncture repair, helmet, bike lock.
- Swimming kit. Towel, googles, swim suit/shorts
- Running kit.
Bloc Climbing Centre (bouldering stage)
- You will need to be a member of Bloc or be able to join on the day (Bloc’s requirements apply, must have previous climbing experience of around 10 hours)
- Entry fee will need to be paid, currently £8.50
- Your standard climbing kit. (shoes and chalk bag)
Horfield Leisure Centre (Swimming stage)
- You will need to be a member of the pool (free, can be done on the day, but it would be better if it is done before as the pool is only open for 1.5 hour)
- Entry fee of £4.25 (approx) will need to be paid
- You will need £1 for a locker
- You will need your standard swimming kit
- You will need a working bike
- Bike helmet
Redpoint Bristol (Route climbing stage)
- You will need to be a member of Redpoint or be able to join on the day (Redpoint’s requirements apply), this can be done on the day, although you might prefer to pre register if you have not already to save time.
- Your standard climbing kit. Harness, belay, climbing shoes, Chalk. (Lead ropes are allowed to be pre delivered to Redpoint)
You weather on the day of course is unknown until closer to the event. However, even on the day please prepare adequately for all situations.
The stages and maps
The cycle map is to be adjusted to create the 25k loop for the olympic distance.
Finishing the event
After finishing with your pride intact and a smile on your face you need go no further, take you rightful seat in Redpoint Bristol cafe, order the largest burger they do along with the correct amount of beer and COLLECT the WINNERS FAKE REAL GOLD MEDALLION knowing you are the one of the most successful people in the world right now.
The ride to your home is compulsory. Getting Safely through your front door completes your BCS Pentathlon 2016 (not making it home will see the medallion stripped from you and the shame will be forever upon you).
We would like to thank (even though there are 2 that we wont be visiting this time) all the climbing centres below for their time and support for this event.
The Climbing Academy Redpoint Bristol Undercover Rock Ltd Bloc Climbing Centre